Apr 25, 2015

Girls Trip

So, this past week, I went to San Juan Island (the main one) with Natalie, her mom (Jen), and her mom's friend (Susan)! It was a fun little get away for three days. It felt too short though.

If you have never been to the San Juan Island, I highly recommend it. We stayed in Friday Harbor at the Earth Box Hotel and Spa. The whole time I was there, I felt like I was in a Nicholas Sparks movie. Just ask Natalie, I kept saying that the whole entire time. You have to take a ferry ride over but, who doesn't have a thing for ferry boats? ;) (if you didn't get my reference to Grey's Anatomy and the ever so yummy Derek Shepherd...I'm sorry)





We got into Friday Harbor and it was gorgeous weather. Seriously, perfect. Not too hot, and not too cold. Luckily where we were staying, had free bike rentals! They were cruisers and so we had to take them out. Nat and I went and biked along the pier until dinner. It was a gorgeous view as always. We ate at this restaurant called Vinnys. SO DELICIOUS. I highly recommend it, if you got there! You need to make a reservation though. Little pricy too. We also had yummy dessert there afterwards. I mean, I was kind of going cheap and got a salad BUT IT WAS A GREAT CESAR SALAD. I also tried some of Susan & Jen's meals too (we all shared little bits of our food the whole trip) and it was delicious.









 The next day, was gorgeous as well! Well, in the morning it was a little nasty weather. Overcast, of course. For breakfast we ate at this bakery in town called Bakery San Juan and it had seriously, DELICIOUS. Huge cinnamon rolls (didn't snap a pic for ya my bad) and great muffins. Then for Lunch, we ate at Cast and Skooner. Again, DELICIOUS. I had a chicken cesar salad which was the best one I've ever had in my life. I eat salads a lot don't I? Well, just wait till I talk about the burger I had for dinner. Then, Natalie and I had our massages (at different times of course lol) It was so wonderful. I want another one, asap. So, we were supposed to go Kayaking and instead it got cancelled so we went and explored Roche Harbor. SUCH A CUTE LITTLE TOWN!! Again, I felt like I was in a Nicholas Sparks movie. We went & ate at McMillian's... BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I hope you are writing all these places to eat down, because they are all so good. I had incredibly delicious food for these past three days. I had a mouthwatering good burger. Best burger I've had in my life. It had bacon, cheese, SWEET POTATO FRIES, some different sauces and just ah, my mouth is watering just thinking about it again. Side note: you'd think it would taste weird with the sweet potato fries... yeah it did NOT. The beef was also kobe beef... wow oh wow, I miss that burger. We also ate the most delicious chocolate cake. I kid you not. I didn't get a picture because we all devoured it. Anyways, if I could, I would go back there next time I am on San Juan Island. Then after dinner we went to the light house, and it was beautiful.








The next day was another day of exploring. We went to two places called the English Camp and American camp. Both with gorgeous views. We also visited an alpaca farm. It was hilarious. Natalie is truly an alpaca whisperer. We went to a Lavender Farm as well. We also visited this guy's house who built a real life replica of spongebob's house. It was really random but, AWESOME. Well, we didn't visit HIS house, SpongeBob's house was right outside his driveway. It was amazing how he made that! Not only that, but we saw a bald eagle when we were at the American Camp!! What What!! #MERICA Oh, we ate breakfast at Lime Kiln Resturant (they make doughnuts freshly made every day and wow SO GOOD) and then had lunch/dinner at Tina's Tacos. 









Overall, I had a fantastic 3 days at San Juan Island. Fantastic Food, Massage, Amazing Views and learned so much about the history behind the Island! Well, behind Roche Harbor, and the camps! I hope you enjoyed my vacation through my post ;)  I'm glad I got to have this fun little vacation with Natalie before she leaves for Africa on Monday for 6 weeks. If you ever go to the San Juan Island, visit those places I ate at, and went to! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!! Ps: BIG THANKS TO JEN FISHER! You the best for planning this all!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment