Nov 25, 2014

Catching Up

November 22nd: I'm grateful for Missionaries!
That boy in the middle is Spencer Niederhausern and guess what?! HE GOT HIS MISSION CALL! I am so insanely proud of him and I am grateful for him to go out and teach the people in Brazil! Missionaries are amazing and dedicate 2 YEARS (or 18 months) of their lives to serving the Lord and teaching people. How amazing is that?! I'm grateful obviously for Ian who is a missionary as well but this post was mainly about Spencer who got his mission call!! He reports April 15th to the Brazil MTC! Go Spence !

November 24th: I'm grateful for my Grandma
My grandma is one fireball of an little old woman! She is one of the funniest people I have ever met. She laughs at the weirdest things, and her reactions to things are so exaggerated and over the top I love it. She is crazy and I wouldn't want it any other way!!!!

November 25th: I'm grateful for the peace I can receive from this gospel. 

In light of recent evens of the chaos going around in St. Louis, I want to share something I posted on my facebook...
"I … stand upon this principle, that the truth is in the gospel of Jesus Christ, that the power of redemption, the power of peace, the power for good will, love, charity and forgiveness, and the power for fellowship with God, abides in the gospel of Jesus Christ and in obedience to it on the part of the people. I therefore admit, and not only admit but claim, that there is nothing greater on earth, nor in heaven, than the truth of God’s gospel which he has devised and restored for the salvation and the redemption of the world. And it is through that that peace will come to the children of men, and it will not come to the world in any other way."-Joseph F. Smith

Sometimes in the midst of chaos we need to remember how our Savior, Jesus Christ would react in this situation. Would he be rioting with those people? No. He would be comforting the families on BOTH sides of the situation. Would he be looking only at this situation based on race? No, he would know that this would've been the decision no matter what color of skin the people involved have. Would he be fighting on facebook about it? No. Maybe he would share his testimony on a few comments about showing charity and being kind. I believe we need to pray for both sides of this situation for the people who are causing chaos to stop, and the people who are being affected by it will be kept safe. I'm not saying everyone needs to convert now, but what I am saying that whatever your religion may be, I know one thing most all have in common is being Christ like, a Christian. I encourage us all to step back and think, if the Savior stood beside me, would he like what i'm doing or even saying? What would he want me to be doing?
I know that peace can be found through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and by reacting in a Christ-like manner. We need to make the effort and try to be more like him and I think people will catch on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment