Aug 15, 2015

nun's shake their booty's?

So, today was fun, but we not as fun as last night to be honest! It was still great though. For some strange reason, Annie and I woke up at SIX AM. We didn't go to sleep till about 1 something so we got 5 hours of sleep. It was probably because the sun was shining right in our eyes through the window cause we forgot to close the blinds... haha ooooops! So, we just kept trying to go back to sleep but did that work out? NO.

Annie and I aren't the only ones who live in the apartment, up until today it was us two, and then two other teachers from spring semester. But they left today! ANd our Head Teacher and two other girls moved into the apartment with us. Its a little complicated to explain but basically Annie and I finally got to unpack today and move into our room we share. The other girls came, unpacked and then we met up with two of the other teachers who live in Host Families! We all went to Maxima, the local grocery store just a 5 min walk from our apartment, to get lunch. On Saturday's and Sunday's the kindergarten doesn't feed us, and so we get to decide our own meals! Annie and I weren't really hungry cause for breakfast we had left over mac n' cheese and hot dogs... hahahaha sounds so gross, but it wasn't, we promise. We aren't even sure if they were actually hot dogs...I mean you gotta deal with what you get! Anyways, we got this bomb garlic bread, some fruit, and milka chocolate. If you have never had milka chocolate, I will bring you some home. JUST TELL ME AND I WILL. Seriously. Your life will be changed forever. Please tell me cause I want to change your life and make you the happiest person in the world.

After lunch we all talked and got to know each other a bit more. Then we moved onto the boring, yet fun stuff in a weird way... Lesson Planning! We don't start teaching till Monday but we need to plan everything and make sure we are ready to go Monday at 3:30! We teach Monday-Friday 3:30-7:30! I teach Elementary Level kids. There's actually 3 levels that I'm going to teach... oh boy. Level 1, 2, 3! I actually am teaching them spelling, math, science, grammar, writing, language arts, the whole big bang. It's a lot. It's easier than I thought, but it's just a lot to take in. The first week will be a little crazy and overwhelming but once we actually get into it, it'll be fine. We did that for a while cause our awesome sweet head teacher Shelbi, met with each girl and helped them learn how to make a lesson plan. She is honestly the best. I got soooo incredibly lucky with her being my head teacher! After all the lesson planning, two of the girls who live in Host Families hadn't been to Old Town yet so we decided to go there again, explore and grab some dinner too.

We literally ride the bus every where and its very nice and cheap too! Well, everything's cheap here. We got dinner at this thai "fast food" restaurant. It was THE BOMB. They thankfully spoke english there. Then, we walked some more and Annie and I got the best sorbet in the world. Oh my lanta. Apple and Mango flavor makes my taste buds do the happy dance. Also, I realize that I got this already yesterday but since its sorbet, it makes it healthier....right? Speaking of eating ice cream/sorbet, apparently american's eat very weird according to our friend Edgar, so watch how you eat people. You probably look disgusting. I'm kidding you're probably great looking. I mean who doesn't look beautiful while eating???? After we walked some more, Annie saw these girls selling cotton candy for 2 euros. So of course, she got some! I mean, it was HUGE cotton candy too! We then walked around this park and sat down to watch a water fountain show and guess what I saw... NUNS. I have never seen them before in real life... I got so stoked. Then, music started playing and one of them started dancing and shaking her booty!!!!!!! uhm, excuse me is that allowed?!?!? I get excited about the weirdest things...like seeing Nun's in real life. After that we were all so tired and ready to just relax. We have walked every where today and we're all still adjusting to the time difference. Tomorrow, we get to go to a Lithuanian branch and I am so so sooo stoked!


aren't we the cutest?

















No comments:

Post a Comment